Place de Carnières, 52
7141 CARNIERES (MORLANWELZ)
History Archeology Art
Permanent museum: history and archaeology from prehistoric times to 1950. Temporary annual exhibitions.
The museum is located in the former police offices of Carnières, abandoned when the townships merged in January 1977. In a building of Neo-Flemish style built in 1878, which was initially intended to house the headmaster of the community public school, the museum is located at the heart of the former commune of Carnières, on the town square.
Its architecture of carved gables and chisel worked façade stones recalls somewhat former Gothic Flemish dwellings: a small building not lacking in charm.